CTA Public Outreach Grant Program
The Council of Texas Archeologists (CTA) supports a program of small grants to finance public education and outreach projects during Texas Archeology Month (TAM). CTA will award up to FIVE annual grants, not to exceed $500 per year, to applicants through a competitive process, as follows.
1. Projects should promote public awareness of archaeology in Texas through any of a variety of educational and outreach activities. Examples of suitable projects might include: teacher workshops, exhibits, archeology workshops for adults or children, archaeology fairs, or other public-oriented projects. Projects must be in support of TAM, held annually in October.
2. Grant applications may be submitted by any non-profit organization, such as municipalities, museums, and community service groups.
3. Individual grants will not exceed $500; applicants are encouraged to seek additional funding sources. Grants cannot be used solely to fund receptions, food, or entertainment, but these items can be included as part of a public outreach project.
4. Applications must contain the following information. The application may be submitted by mail or email.
A. Project Title.
B. Organization (name, address, phone, email).
C. Contact Person (name and contact information, if different from above).
D. Description of Project. Include an overview of the entire project as well as that portion for which grant funding is being requested (if different). Estimate the size and character of the population that will be served by the grant. Address how the grant will articulate with the objectives of TAM.
E. Date(s) of project (must be in support of TAM).
F. Budget and expenses. Describe how the grant will be used in support of the project. A detailed budget is not necessary, but identify categories of expenses. Identify supplementary funding sources that will be available.
5. Grant applications must be received by August 31 of each year. Emailed applications are preferred. Notification of grant awards will be made by September 15.
6. At the conclusion of the funded project, and no later than February 1 of the following year, grant recipients are requested to submit a report about 200-300 words in length for publication in the CTA Newsletter and for distribution to other interested parties.
7. Grant recipients are requested to acknowledge CTA in any printed, electronic, or graphic material produced through the grant and in announcements at any public meetings or events to which the grant gives rise, as follows:
8. Grant applications and queries should be submitted to the CTA President: Jon Lohse.