- definitions for terms currently used in the law
- introduction of new definitions and a process for verification for filing record of unknown cemeteries
- landowner notification requirements for Notice of Existence of Cemetery filings
- concurrent reporting to landowners and THC for unverified cemeteries
- removal of the state registrar permit requirement for exhumations from certain types of cemeteries
- the inclusion of municipal or county cemeteries as options for reburial
The Senate Committee on Business and Commerce will consider SB 1630 at a public hearing scheduled for Tuesday, April 18th at 8am and the House Committee on Culture, Recreation & Tourism will consider HB 3265 at a public hearing scheduled for Tuesday, April 18th at 2pm.